Strengthening Working Families Initiative (SWFI)
Rochester Rehabilitation Center offers a program in partnership with area employers, businesses, and community organizations to create access to educational and training institutions and support career advancement in demand industries for parents with dependent children at home. Individuals must meet all eligibility requirements to be considered for enrollment.
Rochester Rehabilitation (SWFI) Program Eligibility
- Individual resides in Monroe County; And;
- Individual is 18 years and older; And;
- Individual is the primary caregiver of child or children: 13years old or younger. (Please note: if a child has a disability-eligibility can be up to 18 years of age)
- Individual is interested in increasing their skills through short term training and/ or career advancement in the following industries: Health Care, Advanced Manufacturing, or Information Technology
- Must be willing to develop a career plan and actively work on goals.
How to make a referral:
Complete the Strengthening Working Families Initiative (SWFI) referral form in the Helpful Resources box and send to:
Intake/ Program Manager Tiffany Testa Phone (585) 263-2690 X1130 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax (585)232-4637 Mail Rochester Rehabilitation Center 1357 University Avenue Rochester, New York 14607
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.