Refugee Employment Services
Refugee Employment Services is aimed at helping refugees and their families who have come to the US to find employment and become self-sufficient. The program focuses on refugees who have been in the US for less than five years, are employable, and are seeking work or already engaged in some form of work activity. Refugees who achieve self-sufficiency reduce and sometimes eliminate their dependency on social services.
Once our intake team determines eligibility for the program, an employment specialist will develop an individual plan with realistic goals for achieving self-sufficiency that may include the following services:
- Basic immigration paperwork and related applications, including public assistance
- Driver instruction through our driving school, DriveOn
- Driver training resources, pre-licensing, and defensive driving courses
- Employment preparation and job skills training
- Job placement, follow-up, and transitional support
- Referrals to various community resources
Refugee Employment Services is funded through a Targeted Assistance Grant (TAG) offered by New York State’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) and monitored by the Bureau of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance (BRIA).
For more information, call us at 585.263.2690
Employment Connection | 1357 University Ave., Rochester NY 14607